Thursday, April 23, 2009

Troilus and Cressida--2 (Shakespeare's reputed birthday)


This is really a continuation of the lower post. Also, today is Shakespeare's reputed birthday (I think). So, I hope you celebrated. If you haven't read the lower post, you should start there. Also, I originally thought that this would be longer than it is, when I broke off the lower one.

I don't want to keep going for too long, so I'll just say that WS takes these "heroes" and really cuts them down. I neither admire nor like anyone in the play, though Hector comes closest (as always).

I didn't enjoy reading this play, but now that it's over, my opinion of it is really going up. It's dark and there's something kind of deconstructive about it. i recommend reading it twice, letting the second time count more.

Tomorrow Jackie and I are flying down to Georgia for two wedding showers. I am very worried about it, but everyone involved knows about this blog, so I'll so no more. I am also very excited about it.

Hey, have you ever seen the Beatles movie "Help!"? I love it when Paul is dancing around with that lady and she keeps saying "I can say no more" and he says "Say no more"? That's pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment